Using your personal information
We will process your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. We may use your personal information in a number of ways, but only for the purposes for which it was given.
The personal information held by Supplies is governed by the Council's privacy statements for employment and recruitment information, which can be found by clicking here.
Please ensure you read the privacy statements before utilising Supplies Website.
What do we use the information for?
We use this information to deliver services on behalf of East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
- process and fulfil your orders.
- send you marketing material where the correct data protection consent has been given
What information do we hold and use?
We collect and process the following information:
- information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, opening hours, delivery address, for purpose of processing and fulfilling orders
- status of organisation for the purpose of determining eligibility of your account application
On what grounds do we use the information?
You have given your consent to the processing of your data for example, through the submission of your account application or by the submission of your order.
How we collect this information?
The data we collect is mainly through the user application forms completed by the user i.e. account application forms. This information is usually sent electronically or may be via post.
Facebook and Twitter
None of this information is identifiable to you and all of our activities fall within the bounds of Social SignIn (external website), Facebook (external website) and Twitter (external website).
Analytics and usage tracking
We use Google analytics to track how visitors use our website. Google analytics gives us a whole range of useful website usage information, including how you came to be on our website, how long you stayed there for, what type of computer or device you’re using and what pages you viewed.
This tracking information allows us to better understand how our visitors are using the website and what information they are looking for. This allows us to make improvements to how the website works and the way information is written or displayed.
None of this information is identifiable to you and all of our activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service (external website)
Who we share your information with?
Any personal data supplied will only be shared with the relevant services within the Council
How long do we store it and is it secure?
- the council has retention schedules in place to ensure that information is only held for as long as it is needed. For information on how long your information will be held visit the retention page.
- details of how we keep your information secure are available on the general privacy information page.
What rights do you have?
The rights that you have depend upon the grounds upon which we collected your information. All of the rights you could have outlined upon the data protection rights page. In most cases, people who have been involved with Supplies, have the following rights:
- Right of access - You are entitled to see the information we hold about you and can request a copy by emailing email@example.com
- Right to rectification - If you believe any information we hold about you to be incorrect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend the information accordingly.
Users have the right to object to receipt of direct marketing. This can be done by unsubscribing on any of the e-mails or by emailing supplies at email@example.com
Where can I find out more?
If you want to know more about how the Council uses your information, your rights or have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance; contact details are available on the general privacy information page. Alternatively, your can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office..